Our commitment to you
SH GLOBAL, Real Estate & Engineering, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as SH Global Ltd.) he takes the protection of your privacy very seriously. We appreciate your confidence when you provide us with your information, knowing that this is not the case.
We will not compromise your privacy. When designing our websites and services, we keep in mind your privacy. We involve experts in a variety of fields, including law, security, technology, product design and more, to make sure that every decision is taken to safeguard your privacy.
We strive for transparency in how your data is processed. Because we use the same online services as you, we know that privacy policies often do not provide enough information and contain overly complex terminology. So our approach is different: our Privacy Statement and other documents are written in plain language. In fact, we want you to read our policies and understand our privacy practices.
We work very hard to keep your information secure. We have formed teams of collaborators working to maintain data security. We are constantly updating our security procedures and investing in efforts to improve data security.
Welcome! Here is the Privacy Statement SH Global Ltd. Thanks for taking the time to read it.
We value your trust and will strive to maintain it throughout. We want to make sure you understand what information we collect, why we collect them, how we use them, and your choices about data. This privacy statement describes our privacy practices in a simple language, with as few legal and technical terms as possible.
1. Who are we?
SH GLOBAL, Real Estate & Engineering, Ltd.
Polak Tomaz, Cherne Darja
Registration number: 6803121000
Tax number: 68796846
2. Where this privacy statement applies
This Statement of Privacy applies to all websites, applications, events and other services that it maintains SH Global Ltd. To make it simpler, we call it "services" in this Privacy Statement. To make it even clearer, all of these services contain a link to this Privacy Statement.
3. The information we collect
Needless to say, we can't send you news and the like unless you trust us with your personal information. We also collect information during your use of the Services, such as how you access the Services. More information is available below.
Information you provide to us
You decide to give us certain information when you sign up for newsletters, when you contact us, when you participate in our projects, when you use our services, etc.
- When you subscribe to the newsletter, you provide us with your login details, as well as some basic information that is required to operate the service.
- When you participate in research or focus groups, give us an insight into your opinions on our products and services, our answers to our questions and your statements.
- When you choose to participate in promotions, events or competitions, we collect the information you use to sign up and enter.
- If you contact us, we collect the information you provide.
Information we collect when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about what features you used, how you used them, and the device you use to access our services. See below for more information:
- Usage information
We collect information about your activity on our services, such as how you use it (e.g., the date and time of your login, what features you used, searches, clicks and pages that were displayed to you, web site addresses you were directed to ).
- Device information
We collect information from your devices and your devices that you use to access our services, including:
- hardware and software information, such as IP address, device ID and type, device and app settings, app crashes, advertising ID tags (e.g., Google AAID and Apple IDFA, both randomly generated numbers that can be reset on settings your devices), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zone, cookies-related identifiers, and other technologies used to uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI / UDID and MAC address);
- Other information with your consent
If you allow us, we may collect information about your geographical location (latitude and longitude) in different ways, depending on the service and device you are using, such as GPS, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi. We may collect background information about your geographical location, even if you do not use the Services, if you give us your express permission to do so. If you do not give us permission to collect your geographical location, we will not collect it.
4. Cookies and other similar data collection technologies
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) have "Do Not Follow" ("DNT") That tells the site that the user does not want to monitor their activity online. If a site that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser may prevent the site from collecting some browser user information. Not all browsers have the DNT option and the DNT signal is not uniform. Therefore, many companies have decided not to respond to the DNT signal so far, among others SH Global Ltd..
5. How we use data
The main reason for using your information is that we provide and improve our services. In addition, we need your information for your safety. To learn more about the different reasons why we use your information and learn about practical examples, read on.
To provide you with services
- We provide customer support and respond to your requests
- We send newsletters
- We communicate about services
To provide you with relevant offers and ads
- Develop, display and monitor content and ads tailored to your interests in our services and other sites
- Communicate with you over the phone, social networks or mobile device about products or services that we think you might be interested in
To prevent and detect fraud and other illegal or unauthorized activities
- We deal with actual and alleged violations
- We conduct data analyzes to better understand these activities and design appropriate countermeasures
- We keep fraud data to prevent fraud from being retried
We ensure legal compliance
- Compliance with legal requirements
- Assistance to law enforcement
- Exercising or exercising our rights, such as ours Legal notice regarding the site
When processing your information as described above, we rely on the following legal basis:
- Providing our services to you: For the most part, the reason for processing your information is to perform a contract you have entered into with us. For example, when you use our services to purchase a product.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information if we have a legitimate interest in it. For example, we analyze user behavior to improve our offer, suggest you our offers that we think you may be interested in, and process information for administrative reasons, fraud prevention, or other legal purposes.
- Consensus: From time to time, we may ask you for your consent to use your information for certain specific purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us through the address provided at the end of this Privacy Statement.
6. How we share data
Because our goal is the excellence of our services, we share some user information with service providers and partners who help us manage the services and, in some cases, with the authorities. Read on for more details on how we share information.
- With our service providers and partnersThe management and development of our services is done with the help of external partners. These external partners assist us with a variety of tasks, including hosting and maintenance, analysis, customer support, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security. We can also share information with partners to help us distribute and advertise our services. For example, limited information about you may be shared in a hidden, human-readable format with our advertising partners. Before we start working with a specific service provider or other partner, we need to conduct a thorough verification process. All our service providers and partners must agree to our strict terms of confidentiality.
- For corporate transactionsWe may transfer your information when the merger, sale, acquisition, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control of all or part of the business occurs.
- When required by lawWe may disclose your information when reasonably necessary: (i) in accordance with a legal process, such as a court order, summons or search warrant, investigation by law enforcement or governmental authority, or other legal requirement; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of criminal activities (subject to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- For the exercise of legal rightsWe may also share information: (i) if disclosure would alleviate our liability in actual or threatened litigation; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and those of other users, business partners and other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our arrangements with you; and (iv) investigating, preventing or otherwise taking action against illegal activity, alleged fraud or other misconduct.
7. Cross-border data transfers
Sharing the information listed in Chapter 6 it sometimes involves cross-border data transfer, such as in the US or other jurisdictions. To give an example: the service allows users to be located in the European Economic Area ("EEA") and their personal data is transferred to non-EEA countries. We use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or other appropriate safeguards to allow the transfer of EEA data to other countries. Standard contractual clauses are undertakings between undertakings that transmit personal data and oblige them to protect their privacy and protect their information.
8. Your rights
We want you to control your information, so we've provided the following tools:
Access / Update data in the service. Our tool helps you access, correct or delete information you provide to us that is directly related to you within the Service. If you have any questions regarding tools and settings, please contact our customer service team, or write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission systems for certain types of device data and notifications, such as location services. You can change your device settings to allow or deny data collection or display of notifications. If you choose to do this, some services may no longer work.
We want you to know your privacy rights. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Review your data. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we hold about you (depending on your jurisdiction, this may be called the right of access, the right of portability, or otherwise). You can request a copy of your personal information by filing a request. Email her at: email@example.com
- Update your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect or that we no longer have the right to use it, or to request a correction, deletion or refusal of processing, please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
For your protection and the protection of all users, we may ask you to provide us with a proof of identity before we can fulfill your request.
Please note that for certain reasons, we may refuse requests, including that the request is unlawful or may violate another user's business secret, intellectual property, or privacy. We also may not be able to meet certain requirements for refusing to process personal information if this would mean that this requirement would prevent us from providing services to you.
- Uninstall the application. You can immediately pause the data collection if you decide to uninstall the application using the standard removal procedure for your device.
- Responsibility. In certain countries, including the European Union, you have the right to file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. The data protection authority to which you can file a complaint can be selected according to your place of residence, place of work or place of establishment.
9. Protecting your information
We work very hard to prevent unauthorized access and alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. Like all technology companies, we take steps to protect your information, but we do not promise and you cannot expect your personal information to be kept secure.
We regularly monitor our systems and identify potential vulnerabilities and attacks, and periodically review data collection, storage and processing processes to update our physical, technical and organizational measures.
We may prevent you from using part of the Services or all of the Services without notice if we suspect or detect a security risk.
10. How long we keep your information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for legitimate business reasons as described in 5. Chapter and as permitted by applicable law:
- we must keep the data in accordance with applicable law (some "traffic data" are kept for another year, subject to the legal obligation to keep data);
- we must retain the information as evidence of compliance with applicable law (eg, privacy statement documents and other similar consents are retained for five years);
- there is an open matter, claim or dispute, which requires us to keep relevant information until the final resolution of the case; or
- the data must be kept for legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and user safety improvement.
Please note that although our systems are designed to erase data in accordance with the guidelines above, we cannot promise that all data will be erased over a period of time due to technical barriers.
11. Child privacy
Our services are for users who are at least 16 years old. Users under 16 years of age are not permitted to purchase or purchase. use of our services and knowingly do not collect information from persons under the age of 16. If you suspect that the user is under the age of 16, please report it here: email@example.com.
12. Changes to the privacy statement
As we constantly look for new and innovative ways to offer our services, this statement may change over time. We will let you know before making any material changes so you have time to review the changes.
13. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, you can contact our Data Protection Officer:
Polak Tomaz at firstname.lastname@example.org